K-Town Play-by-Post Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food is the most important meal of the day.

Roll DiceHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins Empty
PostSubject: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:06 pm

Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins 81b541e88b3357e248e73ad3b38cc2c4

Last Time on our first Emerald Spire session, our heroes trekked through the Echo Woods, following the path that led to the fabled Emerald Spire. The GM read this section aloud for the players:

"As travellers emerge from the Echo Wood underbrush, they find themselves staring up at a ruined keep guarding a broken central tower, all made of smooth, green glass. It's obvious that a grand battle took place here many years ago, and the clearing around the ruin lies barren, with sickly weeds struggling to the rise from the magic-blasted earth. Melted chunks of twisted glass pepper the ground, lending a green hue to the clearing light. Despite the damage, however, the glass of the keep itself seems to have avoided the ravages of time, with those pieces that survived the initial cataclysm unmarred by pitting or cracking, clean of moss and other clinging debris. At the top of a steep dirt path winding up through the rubble, a doorway opens into darkness, its entrance seeming to steal light into its inky depths."

The party went up the path to the spire entrance, where they were ambushed by a group of goblins and their goblin dogs, barring them from entering the keep. The party brawler and fighter took quite a bit of damage, but were eventually able to overcome most of the goblins.

Now just inside the entrance of the Tower Ruins, the heroes may now finally start exploring the top floor. The tower around the Spire is one big ruin, with debris strewn across the floors. This is considered difficult terrain, which will affect the players' movement. As well, the ruins are affected by a magic that casts it in total darkness. Any light source, no matter how strong, illuminates only in a 5-foot radius. Creatures without darkvision take a -4 penalty on Perception checks based on sight, and ranged/melee attacks with reach have a 50% miss chance.
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:29 pm

Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 pm

Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins ILHaNPR
Toivo

"I can't believe I slept in!"
Those were the first words out of Toivo's mouth that morning. Earlier in the week, he had met some fellows at a tavern who wanted to adventure into the Tower Ruins just outside of town, and that was supposed to happen today.
Supposed to.
However, it wasn't going to if he didn't hasten. Kissing his temporary companion goodbye as he left her bed, then shoddily tossing on his boots and armor, Toivo rushed out the door, with only a few minutes spent thanking Cayden Cailean for the wonderful day, and, more importantly, the wonderful night before.

[As he is in a rush, Toivo's only got Create Water/Alchohol and Protection From Evil (Domain Spell) prepaired!]
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:01 am

Traggot

As the dust settles Traggot the druid peers over the rim of his shield to check the goblins and their dogs have either fled or died. Wondering whether the goblins left anything of value which he and his companions may use he prepares to loot the bodies. rolling perception to find goodies. 1D20+7 (I can't add link for 7 days alex can you roll it please)

[such as that awesome jester hat in the picture:)]

Alex Edit: Looking for loot!: 1d20+7 22
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 1:24 am

Seeing as how these were just low level goblins, Traggot manages to salvage two Small-sized pieces of studded leather armour, five shortswords of poor quality, five shortbows, forty five arrows, three Small-sized pieces of ratty leather armour, 3 cracked Small-sized wooden shields, and one potion of cure moderate wounds (poor bastard never got a chance to use it).
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 11:34 pm

Traggot
As he finishes adding the potion to his backpack he spots what looks to be a fully intact crate in the barricade, thinking that they might be able to stash the stuff they might be able to sell in it he asks Grog"can you open that crate without smashing it, we can hide the studded leathers in it to sell em later". Having said this he begins to look at the pile. [ Hey @Kankles this is a poke at you]
Back to top Go down
Kankles

Kankles

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 pm

Dropping his keg on the ground Grog starts drinking a post fight victory drink. Looking over at the weird plant man looting goblin corpses and talking to him he replies "Goblin Junk".

Rewriting for character reasons

Grog fight good. Grog happy so Grog put down Grog drink Barrel and Grog drink. PlantMan taking goblin junk. Grog like PlantMan but Grog worry PlantMan not know that Goblin Junk Junk so Grog help Friend "Goblin Junk" Grog tell friend pointing at Junk. Grog feel smart.

Last edited by Kankles on Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 9:52 pm

Toivo

Finally making his way down the winding path, Toivo finds the party by the entrance to the Spire.
"Ah, Grog, Traggot! Sorry I'm late, I met this young, blonde half-elf last night and she- Oh my goodness, grog! You're hurt! Here, let me tend to those wounds!" (I'll use one of four Channel Energy: 1d6 4 to heal my two friends up a little bit.)
Back to top Go down
Kankles

Kankles

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 12:47 am

Grog

Grog see GodMan. GodMan friend GodMan make Grpg feel very good though GodMan talk to much and Grog not listen to all words. Still Grog like GodMan so Grog offer drink from mug "Drink!"
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 5:38 am

Toivo

Not understanding that Grog was offering a drink, Toivo creates alchohol in Grog's mug to fill it back to full.
"Sure thing, buddy! You earned it!" He says, looking around at the bludgeoned goblins.
Toivo touches Grog's mug and refils it completely using the divine power of his god. Then takes out his own flask, and his spare flask, handing it to Traggot, and filling it in a similar manner.
"To crushing this tower!" He said, then clanking the glasses, he finishes the whole flask in a quick go and smiles.
"Shall we get to it?"
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:50 pm

Traggot
looking dubiously at the ale traggot empties it out and fills it with normal water, drinks it and agrees. He then motions Grog to go first, subtly aiming at the corner tower.
Back to top Go down
Kankles

Kankles

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Grog forget GodMan make drink with magic. Grog drink magic drink, it make Grog feel strong, magic good. (ps i know it does not actually do anything magical) Grog put barrel back on back. Grog stand and think. Grog here to climb tower that mean Grog need stairs. Grog not know where stairs are. Grog look for stairs. No stairs in room just GodMan and PlantMan. PlantMan sway in wind like tree, it look funny. Grog need find stairs not laugh at PlantMan. "We find stairs" Grog say as he get up and head for door in corner. Grog hope stairs behind door.
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:04 am

Looking into this circular room, Grog could see that there were piles of rags and bones built up into nest-like beds. Old rotten bits of meat are scattered about, as well as other filth and junk.
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 10:31 am

Toivo

"No stairs here, but seems this is a hoarder tower!" Toivo looks disparagingly at the piles of rags and bones, then with a smirk, looks at Traggit.

"I believe looting is your specialty right? Mind seeing if there is anything worthwhile in here?"
As he says this, Toivo puts an encouraging hand on Traggot's shoulder, infusing him with a touch of good. [+1 to your next roll, buddy!]
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 12:40 pm

Traggot
Knowing that good can be hidden in the darkest of places Traggot first uses detect magic to spot the obvious, and then proceeds to spend 5 minutes sifting through the filth (1d20+8: 15 [1d20=7]). Having found _____ traggot rises and motions that they should proceed further into the ruins.

Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Quote :
As well, the ruins are affected by a magic that casts it in total darkness. Any light source, no matter how strong, illuminates only in a 5-foot radius. Creatures without darkvision take a -4 penalty on Perception checks based on sight, and ranged/melee attacks with reach have a 50% miss chance.

(I believe only Grog has darkvision)

Even with Detect Magic and spending time sifting through the garbage, Traggot fails to come up with anything of use. The party then moves down the hall (please remember to move your sprite on the map, and remember this dungeon level is considered difficult terrain).
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:47 pm

[I can't move myself via phone, but I generally want to be where I can quickly get adjacent to Grog, and imbue him with buffs.]

"Oh well, worth a try. Next room then!" Toivo happily strides down the hall a small amount before pausing.
"...Also, I made this for you, Traggot, just in case!" He said, handing the Ghoran a scroll of parchment.

[That would be a scroll of Protection From Evil, don't be too quick to use it though! It takes me 12.5 gold and 2 hours to make another one.]

Last edited by Moriatti on Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kankles

Kankles

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 3:41 pm

Grog look at GodMan "No tell Plantman to take Trash, Goblin trash trash". Grog go into next room. Grog get excited at stairs he see through cracks then Grog get sad. Stairs go down not up. Tower go up not down. (at least i assume they do based off of the picture)
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:09 pm

Traggot
Traggot looking down at his own woody body hands the scroll back to Toivo with a "If I need it I will ask, but you seem to be more likely to use it on yourself or Grog. He leaves the room and looks towards the next chamber. [hey Fleet how does lowlight vision help use or does it.should one of us be taking light to give us a bit more vision radius, would I be able to see Toivo's light radius or do we have to do testing to find all of this out].
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:30 pm

(Lowlight vision only helps in dim light, like a candle or a moonlit night, so it is not helpful here. You would have to experiment with lights in order to see what works.)

(Grog: Yes the stairs go down, they go down to the wilderness you guys just came from)
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:35 pm

[Hey Morriati we should both take light next ingame day to test out how we can get the most bang for our buck... possibly casting light on rocks at start of combat not sure.]
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:39 pm

Traggot
Not seeing anything traggot asks both Grog and Toivo whether they see anything, as he asks he casts light on a rock and proceeds cautious towards the next room. (not walking much out of Grogs arm length to stay safe)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:40 pm

Toivo

[Toivo did not fill his spell slots, so he can pray for light in about 15 minutes of Traggot asks him.]

"Right, Grog, remember, we just came in that door, those aren't the right stairs, buddy." Toivo smiles, and walks ahead, "here, let's see what's in this room here."

[I'm going to light a torch and head over to the door on the right of the entrance, opening it once Grog is withing 5 feet of me.]
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:52 pm

When the rock lands, it shines a light in a 5-foot radius around itself, but the light penetrates no further (same with your torch, Moriatti). However, Toivo and Traggot hear a squeal as two small shadowy figures run away from the light source. One heads for the room right in front of the rock, the other dashes down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 4:54 pm

Toivo

"So... Um... That's probably going to be a problem in a few minutes."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins   Emerald Spire  Level 1 - The Tower Ruins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerald Spire Level 1 - The Tower Ruins
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K-Town Play-by-Post Board :: The Wilderness :: The Emerald Spire-
Jump to: