K-Town Play-by-Post Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food is the most important meal of the day.

Roll DiceHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An Odd Trail...

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 8:35 pm

Summer Camp

The summer camp you've signed up for has been a had a really weird dichotomy between it's activities. You've spent a lot of time in a cabin rigged up like a classroom, learning about network security, but also a lot of time learning survival training, hiking, camping, the like.

You're approaching the end of the first week of camp, and no real attempt has been made to explain why these two activities were emphasised, but you are currently engaged in the former.

You and your group are tasked with a scavenger hunt, and you've gotten all but 1 item, a large, fake egg. The hints suggest such a thing can be found deep in the woods, and you and the team are hiking down that path.

However, things are looking different then you recognise them. Trees growing sideways out of different species of trees, lakes that dip up a little bit, just odd stuff.

Welcome to Digimon World RPG

At this point, it's time for you guys to take over! In your first post, I would like you to include these things:

1) Something neat a fellow PC that hasn't been mentioned by another player has done over the last week.

2) What you found on the scavenger trip, and why your character was the one who noticed it.

That's also the last form entry I'll have for you guys for a while! Go wild!
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Aww man, playing blackjack with that weedy little guy... what was his name... oh right Sam is awesome, he did this one thing with the cards, called it fanning them or something like that. It was awesome made losing to him not as annoying as it would have otherwise been. On a better note, I managed to get that weird fruit they wanted out of the tree... but it's got a rock stuck in the side... but ehh they said it was good enough so hey I'm happy. But really things are starting to act funny, that fruit weighed like 10 pounds, was like the size and shape of a baseball but dropped like a feather... all slow and graceful not hard and fast. Luckily rocks are still rocks.
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 1:39 am

Sandra swatted another bug out of her face as the group trudged along the path. She wasn't exactly thrilled with being on a social, team-building exercise with her group, but she figured some of her group mates weren't too bad. That Ramona girl was a nice change from some of the more outgoing campers, and watching her fix that one kid's dislocated shoulder a few days ago was pretty cool.

The teen looked down at the feather she had found earlier for their scavenger hunt. She had spotted it under a bush, its dark colouring causing her to almost overlook it. At first Sandra thought it was a raven's feather - that got Ramona all freaked out when Sandra first brought it up- but it didn't feel like a raven's feather. In fact, it felt strangely oily, almost like it could melt in her hand.
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 10:23 pm

So yeah! I've been having a great time at camp! The counselors are really good about not making me stay out in the sun too long, so I've mostly been in the computer room. I did take a nighttime hike with Sandra and some of the others, though. We almost got caught by the counselors, but Sandra was super fast, and pushed us into a side path with, like, lightning quick reflexes! We didn't get in trouble at all!

Anyway, during that hike, I managed to find the four leaf clover we were looking for! I've always been that kinda lucky sonofagun, so no one was truly surprised that it caught my eye, even in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2015 10:07 pm

The first week had been... Alright. Not has horrible as Ramona thought it would be. Her group seemed nice, although there was an incident early on where Martin nearly took his frustration out on a computer. The councillors were great at stopping it from escalating, although she was worried he would either toss it across the room or put his fist through the screen.

Ramona had found her item earlier on the hike, just slightly off the trail on a large tree. A type of moss she recognized as having some kind of medicinal properties. A decent size piece was in a bag in her backpack. However, something was off about it. It looked and felt like a typical moss but it had an iridescent shine to it (or in layman's terms, if she held it in different positions, it changed colors).
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Excellent!
As your ragtag group continues down the path you were led to believe would take you to the last item on your list (a set of 4 strangely specificied eggs) when suddenly you all feel a vibration in your pockets.

If you chose to check where the vibrations came from, you would find a handheld device, with a few buttons, central screen, and card reading slot.

You... You don't remember packing these.

Furthermore, if you were to look at the screen, you would discover that it was indicating a direction, and if you were to look in that direction, you would discover it pointed to a cliff, which has trees growing from it's side, and if you were to look up, upon the top of that cliff... Are the eggs that you were asked to retrieve!

However, to get these eggs, you first must find a way to overcome the cliff that rises above you.
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 3:09 pm

"Huh? What's this?" Sandra digs into her pocket to pull out the mysterious device. "What the - they didn't plant tracing devices on us did they? Talk about paranoid." Looking closer at the screen, she noticed something. "Hey, it kind of looks like a weird compass."
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 7:19 pm

Man this vibrator is high tech, giving it at Sam seems like a good idea since all them buttons...anyways Marty heads over to the trees thinking that it shouldn't be too hard to climb unassisted... "see you guys at the top"
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 7:48 pm

"Oh, thanks Marty. It looks like I already have one, bu-" Sam trails off as Marty heads over to the trees.

He shrugs, and starts methodically pressing buttons, and noting how the device's screen responds. After all, climbing is best left to the experts.
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 10:21 pm

[Sounds like some skill checks are in order! Martin can make a climbing check as an untrained skill, adding 1 to his result thanks to his impressive strength, and getting advantage thanks to the trees growing out of the side of the cliff.
Sam and Sandy Can make a skill check to discover some functions of your new devices. Sam's science skill will allow him to do so as a trained check. In either case, please roll 1d6 using Orokos and post the bbcode result here!
]
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 10:27 pm

learn about digivice: 1d6 6

(Aaaaw yeah)
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 11:03 pm

this cliff is sorta steep but brute strengh
climbing this cliff: 1d6+1 2
: 1d6+1 4 must grab tree yank self up
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 11:11 am

Martin, almost slipping, manages to secure himself on the trees and scramble up the cliff. Here he sees 4 eggs (coincidentally the amount you were asked to bring back!) They have odd patterns on them, one is striped, one has large spots, one is... Is that plaid? Another is simply blank, with a smooth black exterior.

Sandra, looking the device over, and playing around a bit is able to discover the basic workings of the OS. It seems the screen is currently attempting to pair with something, though what exactly is unknown. You can add "Digivice Operation" as a skill to Sandra's character sheet.
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:18 pm

"Aww sweet eggs, gotta put em in my pack". Man these are big, hopefully the way down is easier (if I need to role to climb down climbing down the cliff: 1d6+1 7)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:19 pm

[You did not, but you can add climbing to your skill list now.]
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 12:31 pm

Oh ok... "hey guys look what I got" as I pass em around
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 2:46 pm

Looking up from her strange device momentarily, Sandra nodded and Martin. "Great, now we can head on back to camp...though I guess it couldn't hurt to take our time getting back." Still with the device in her hand, she takes one of the eggs from Martin.

(does it matter who receives which egg?)
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Pressing Buttons: 1d6 4
Pressing Buttons (with advantage?): 1d6 5
Sam continues to fiddle with the device, not quite paying attention to anything around him.

[Does advantage mean rolling twice in this case, or adding something, or what? I have not played Strike Game]

Back to top Go down
AzureBlueWorld

AzureBlueWorld

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 12:52 am

Ramona was initially too distracted watching Martin climb up to get the eggs to notice the device in her pocket. However, after watching the others pull devices out of their pockets, she did the same.

"Huh, I wonder how these ended up with us... I could have sworn my pockets were empty..."

(Adding to Becky's question, does the device's screen indicate which egg belongs to who?)
Back to top Go down
Moriatti

Moriatti

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:45 am

[@Fleetrun and @AzureBlueWorld, it does only in that I will take note of it and whatever hatches will probably start looking like the texture of the egg, take whatever one calls to you.

@Omni, yes, advantage is roll twice, take the better, disadvantage is roll twice, take the worst.
]

Sandra notices, when she touches the egg that Martin was holding, that her device begins vibrating and flashing, onscreen, the text reads: "Pairiing, please wait..."

Sam discovers that the card slot appears to be a magnetic reader, though the size of the slot is different from traditional readers, indicating a proprietary card. You also notice the gps screen pointing towards Martin and the eggs.

[EDIT: Ramona may also make an unskilled check to investigate the device, adding +1 for her good ability being Smart.]
Back to top Go down
Fleetrun

Fleetrun

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 11:54 am

(Dibs on black then!)

Noticing the flashing lights she looks down, eyes widening a little. "Wait, pairing? Pairing what?" Sandra looks back and forth between the device and the egg. "....oh please tell me we didn't just find grenades.."
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Sam absently takes the plaid egg. It's the most goofy looking, and Sammy's all about turning in the item that gets the best laugh.
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 5:50 pm

"Aww man did I get the spotted one. Hey Sam did you figure out how to use this vibrator yet?". So saying Martin takes back his vibrator and frowns at it.

Last edited by Demitri on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Omni

Omni

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Sam shrugs and says "Looks like it's some kinda compass? It pointed at the eggs. And uh, there's a card reader on it. But it's not for any kinda card I have. Anyway... Looks like we're the best at scavenger hunt. I knew we could do it."
Back to top Go down
Demitri

Demitri

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 pm

"... Hey her's looks different" pointing at Sandy's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Odd Trail... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   An Odd Trail... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Odd Trail...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K-Town Play-by-Post Board :: The Wilderness :: Digimon-
Jump to: