Food is the most important meal of the day.
 
Roll DiceHomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 An Odd Trail...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fleetrun



Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:54 am

(Dibs on black then!)

Noticing the flashing lights she looks down, eyes widening a little. "Wait, pairing? Pairing what?" Sandra looks back and forth between the device and the egg. "....oh please tell me we didn't just find grenades.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-22

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 12:29 pm

Sam absently takes the plaid egg. It's the most goofy looking, and Sammy's all about turning in the item that gets the best laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri



Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:50 pm

"Aww man did I get the spotted one. Hey Sam did you figure out how to use this vibrator yet?". So saying Martin takes back his vibrator and frowns at it.


Last edited by Demitri on Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni



Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-22

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:49 pm

Sam shrugs and says "Looks like it's some kinda compass? It pointed at the eggs. And uh, there's a card reader on it. But it's not for any kinda card I have. Anyway... Looks like we're the best at scavenger hunt. I knew we could do it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri



Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:02 pm

"... Hey her's looks different" pointing at Sandy's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureBlueWorld

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:29 pm

Check the device: 1d6+1 6

(Which egg is left over?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:45 am

[Ramona may add the Digivice skill to her skill list, in addition, she ends up with the striped egg.

As each kid takes their egg, their device also vibrates and lights up and mentions that it is pairing, and then, after a few minutes, the lights fade and the gyros die down and a message appears: "Pairing Complete."

Just a minute after that, the eggs begin to wiggle, and cracks form, and from the cracks come a blinding light and then....
Creatures! Adorable little creatures emerge from the eggs!

From the black one emerges this little guy:


From the Plaid, this fellow:


From the spotted one, this cute ball of slime:


And finally, from the striped one emerges:


Each of them looks at the person who held their eggs expectedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:07 am

Awesome... starts cutting up the fruit for the scavenger hunt into small pieces.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:57 pm

Sandra looked up at Martin when she realized he was referring to her. " Yeah, it looks like we each got a differe-Woah!" She exclaimed in surprise when her egg started hatching spontaneously, shielding her eyes with one arm from the blinding light. When it died down, she pulled her arm back and looked down at the little fuzzy black creature in her arms, now suddenly very confused. She was soon comforted by the feeling of holding the creature in her arms, and as she looked down at it, all black and tiny and fuzzy, she was instantly reminded of her old dog as a puppy, which made her smile.


The smile changed when she noticed what Martin was doing. "Hey! We don't know if that stuff is poisonous or not, or what these little things even need to eat." Sandra looks back down at the little black creature. "What are you, anyway?" she asked, not really expecting a response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:23 pm

The small creature coos a little in Sandra's arms, and snuggles in. By chance, she notices a name on the strange device's screen: "Botamon".

[If any of you look at your Digivice screens, you will also find your creature's name. In addition, if any of you have a survival or wilderness skill, you can do a check to see if the fruit is known as poisonous to you, if not, making an untrained check would use your intelligence (+1 if good, -1 if bad, +0 if neither.)

EDIT: I'm going to leave your partner dogimon's narrative control largely in your hands, with the caveat that they cannot currently speak and I ask that you keep their personality traits that are written on their sheets.
]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureBlueWorld

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:09 pm

Ramona looked down at the small white creature in her arms in confusion.

"Hey, did the list mention anything about the eggs hatching?"

She looked at the device in her one hand. "Pafumon... Huh, I wonder if this is one of those activities where you care for something for a week and they grade you on it... Although that is strange for a space camp..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-22
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:12 am

"Punimon, huh? I don't think you're puny, little guy. I'mma call you Speedy, cause you look kinda quick with all those spike jelly things coming out of your head. What do you think of that?"

Speedy seems to dance around happily, which is good enough for Sammy.

"I don't know anything about plants and stuff like that, so I'll leave that to you guys first. I have some chips and jerky back in my room, anyway, and I know that's not poisoned."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:02 am

Sandra looks over at Ramona as the little creature known as Botamon cuddling up to her arm and cooing affectionately. "Maybe they're aliens that the space program is studying," she deadpans, scratching Botamon gently behind the ear nubs.

Botamon: ^___^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:20 am

"Hey guys This is a giant cherry... right: 1d6-1 0," turning to Bubb "Bubb this looks edible right. Martin starts eating a piece ( the smallest).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureBlueWorld

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:53 pm

"Huh, babysitting an item for a week combined with aliens? Ramona looked down at Pafumon. "I want to say that is just too weird to be true... But then again, nothing about this space camp has been normal... Also, I agree with Sam. We should head back to the camp and get some normal food for these guys before they starve."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:39 am

"Yeah, I agree as well. Also it'd be best to be near a nurse in case Marty here poisons himself," she said, indicating to the boy with a nod of her head. Botamon coos happily in agreement, and as they start to walk away one might be able to notice Sandra smiling down at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:09 pm

The fruit Martin ate has an oddly savory taste to it.

As you guys generally decide to head back to camp, you hear an odd grunting and animalistic noise from the cliff. Looking up, you see a creature that appears to be a mix between a rabbit, wolf and sloth. It looks around, then looks at the shells of the eggs wiht a shocked expression on it's face, then at you guys, it points and howls, and two more appear, and they begin to advance towards you!

Even weirder, you guys hear music starting to play.

Looks like a fight!
Map

Initiative
Martin & Bubbmon: 1d6 6
Sam & Punimon: 1d6 6
Ramona & Pafumon: 1d6+2 4
Sandra & Botamon: 1d6+2 4
Gazimon 1: 1d6-1 3
Gazimon 3: 1d6-1 1
Gazimon 2: 1d6-1 0

Here's a rundown of your guys' stats, thankfully, there's a supply of hearty sticks and stones around:

Martin
Martin
HP: 13
Mov: 6
Def: 10
Sp. Def: 8
ATT: 5
Sp.ATT: 0
Init: 0

Attacks:
Hit ‘em with a stick: 5 damage
Throw a Rock at them (range 5): 3 damage


Ramona
HP: 10
Mov: 6
Def: 10
Sp. Def: 12
ATT: 1
Sp.ATT: 0
Init: +2

Attacks:
Pocket-knife Shank: 5 Damage
Let me help!: Ramona may make First Aide checks to allow re-rolls of saves, characters granted this save have advantage for it.


Sam
HP: 10
Mov: 6
Def: 12
Sp. Def: 12
ATT: 1
Sp.ATT: 0
Init: 0

Attacks:
Hit ‘em with a Stick: 3 Damage
Now hold on a second!: Sam may make social skill checks to gain or grant advantage or disadvantage


Sandra
HP: 10
Mov: 7
Def: 10
Sp. Def: 8
ATT: 3
Sp.ATT: 0
Init: +2

Attacks:
Swiss Army Stab: 5 damage.
Shoulder tackle (can only be used if Sandra has moved this turn, +2 to hit.): 3 damage

Gazimon defenses are 8 for both, and they have 9 HP each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:09 pm

As Marty know from experience the best way to dicipline a violent dog is to smack it with a stick Smack that dog: 2d6+5 15, Bubb the fruit behind me is edible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-22
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:54 am

"Ramona! Before we start here, I want to let you know... I believe in you. I think you're going to stab the heck out of these guys with that sweet knife, and it's gonna be awesome"
Hold on while I inspire you...: 1d6+1 7

[Sammy grants advantage to Ramona. Have fun!]


Last edited by Omni on Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misread combat order, meant to target Ramona)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:01 pm

[I moved Martin so he was in range of the Gazimon he attacked, Bubbmon did not have enough move to join him, but I think he will be fine.

Also, Sam's critical success is going to grant Ramona the further boon of Double Damage on her next attack.
]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureBlueWorld

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:29 pm

"Um, t-thanks Sam..." Ramona moved forward, Pafumon in tow, picking up a few rocks on the way. Seriously didn't want to hurt anything today... But maybe we can scare them off... she thought, throwing a rock at the nearest creature.

1st roll: Attack the creature (roll 1): 2d6+1 10
2nd roll: Attack the creature (roll 2): 2d6+1 10

(10 beats 8 so I think that is a hit for 2 damage)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:05 pm

Sandra's first thought was to run, but she knew that by separating herself from the group it would make her a pretty good target for these wolves ("at least I think they are wolves?" she wonders). Instead, cradling Botamon in the crook of one arm, she picks a rock up with her other hand and joins the others in trying to fend off the animals (attacking the top one above the ladder since Marty and Ramona have the other).

throw a rock: 2d6+3 8 (not sure if matching the defences hits or not)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:12 am

Surprised by being rushed, the Gazimon that Martin attacked smacks him upside the head: 2d6+3 10
Hitting for 3 damage!

His friend slides in and also takes a swipe.: 2d6+3 9 looks like he misses!

The one that Sandra smacked climbs down the cliff to attack her personally!: 2d6+3 10 Hitting for 3 damage!

The second one that hit Martin grins, a yellow glow appears to be inside his mouth.

Martin and Bubbmon are up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Demitri

avatar

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-11-09

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:02 pm

Swinging his stick again at the same dog Martin orders it to "go lie down"
swing at dog: 2d6+5 15

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:36 pm

The Gazimon grabs his head, and yelps, running away!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni

avatar

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-11-22
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:40 pm

[Oh whoops, it was my turn, wasn't it?]


Sam runs forward a short ways and looks nervously around at the weird creatures. "Uh... Speedy? What should we do here?"

Punimon responds by blowing bubbles around.

Blow Bubbles!: 1d6 1

It's not very effective...


Last edited by Omni on Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : simple grammatical mistake)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureBlueWorld

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:00 am

Ramona, Pafumon in hand, moves up behind Sandra. Picking up another rock on the way, she tosses it at the Gazimon near her...

Throw a rock at it, again!: 2d6+1 11

... Which hits for 1 damage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:52 pm

"Ah!" Sandra flinched as the wolf creature took a swipe at her, causing Botamon to cry out with concern.

With a small growl, Sandra takes out her swiss army knife. "Alright, that's it!" she says, slashing at her attacker stab the Gazimon: 2d6+3 8.

As she hits, Botamon makes a strange noise before bubbles start foaming around its mouth blow spit bubbles: 1d6 5, blowing them in the creature's face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moriatti

avatar

Posts : 136
Join date : 2015-11-08

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:23 pm

[Just a reminder that all attacks use 2d6 to determine if they hit, so your guys digimon should have twice the accuracy they've been given!]

That said, the Gazimon infront of Sandra and Ramona gets messed up pretty good and let's out a surprised yelp! Between this and the vast amounts of bubbles being blown in his face, he'll have disadvantage.
He attempts a swing at Sandra:
[s]Swing with Disadvantage 1: 2d6+3 10[/s]
Swing with Disadvantage 2: 2d6+3 5
Looks like a miss!

The other Gazimon tries to put down the kid that ended his friend!
Swing at Martin: 2d6+3 12 Looks like a hit for 3 damage!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fleetrun

avatar

Posts : 106
Join date : 2015-11-09
Age : 28

PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:29 pm

(ah okay, I saw Paciga had used 1d6 so I figured maybe he clarified with you before hand about that)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: An Odd Trail...   

Back to top Go down
 
An Odd Trail...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Trail Blazer
» Fugitives Trail Run & Walk 15 km 25 August 2012
» Previously unseen cairns way out on Fugitives Trail
» Trail King
» Fugitives Drift

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
K-Town Play-by-Post Board :: The Wilderness :: Digimon-
Jump to: